Thursday, August 19, 2010

Knee-high by the 4th of July | Brookings, SD Child Photographer

My dad specifically requested this photo... my Grandpa C.P., my dad's dad, had a brother named Al. Before my grandpa passed away, whenever Uncle Al would come to visit he would always ask my dad, "How's the crops? Gonna be knee-high by the 4th?" Apparently that used to be the way farmers judged how well things were going--if their corn was knee-high by the 4th of July. Now, with all of the fertilizers, sprays, etc., meeting the knee-high deadline is much easier. But my dad still asked that we get a photo of him and his boys (my son Brecken and nephew Rylee) out in this year's corn. This was taken on July 3rd, and as you can see the corn is well over knee-high... and on the THIRD of July. :)


These two boys pretty much worship the ground my dad walks on. He is not only an amazing dad, but an amazing papa, too. My dad never asks for much, and is always going out of his way to help me, my sisters, or anyone else who needs it. I feel extremely blessed to have such an awesome dad and papa for my son. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment