Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My baby is FOUR!

It's extremely hard to believe, but on August 11th by little baby boy turned four years old. How is that possible? On one hand, I can't remember life before he came into this world... and on the other hand, it literally feels like just yesterday I was holding my little newborn baby.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff! Brecken's birthday was on a Wednesday this year, so he woke up that morning and had a pile of presents from mommy & daddy to open right away. :)


He was really excited to see them all!

And he dug right in...


It was super, SUPER hot out that day, so we stayed in as much as possible. Because Brecken's birthday party was on Saturday, along with his birthday cake, we made rainbow cupcakes to enjoy!


How cute are they?!

And then Brecken layed down for awhile with his new friends, Buzz, Jessie, Woody & Rex (Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head not pictured).

After supper (spaghetti, Brecken's very favorite!) we dug into the cupcakes!

... waiting patiently for us to finish singing happy birthday so he can blow them out!

It took a lot of concentration I guess.

And then... Jason smashed a cupcake in Brecken's face!

Which he thought was HILARIOUS, and he kept asking Jason to do it again!

Saturday was the big party! Here are all of the favor bags ready for Brecken's friends to arrive.

And of course, my gorgeous rainbow cupcakes! (I'm really proud of them, can you tell??) I borrowed my mom's cakestand to display them on and it matched perfectly!

Blowing out the candles on his "real" birthday cake... again, intense concentration required.

He blew them all out!

What a cheeser. :)

Happy birthday Brecken! You're my favorite little boy in the whole world, and I'm so lucky to be your mommy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment